CBD comes in a variety of forms these days, such as gummies and tinctures.
But capsules are still one of the best ways in which you should take CBD to relieve stress and even alleviate pain.
What are CBD capsules?
These are capsules that contain CBD, or cannabidiol, that’s derived from the cannabis sativa plant, but it doesn’t make you high so you can take CBD capsules without worrying about any unwanted effects.
CBD has many benefits, such as aiding in sleep, promoting relaxation, and even reducing chronic pain.
Capsules are an easy and convenient way to take CBD – sometimes helping you to be more discreet in public than if you have to take oil or chew a CBD gummy – but which one should you purchase?
Here’s a rundown of five of the best CBD capsules on the market and what makes them so great.
Although there are lots of different CBD capsules that you can find on the market, they’re not all made of quality ingredients.
This can make searching for the right product a hassle, and this is made even more stressful by the fact that besides for looking at the quality of the CBD that’s in CBD capsules, it’s also important to check for other benefits that come courtesy of extra ingredients – and there can be a lot of them.
These days, CBD capsules are not just about CBD, so with that in mind let’s take a look at the pros and cons of five of the best CBD capsules on the market that we’ve featured in the above table.
Best CBD Capsules – Reviews & Buying guide for 2020
Best Overall Winner: Island Research Group Hemp Oil Capsule Pills
With only five-star reviews on Amazon, these CBD pills have been reviewed by users as helping to reduce their anxiety and regulate their mood, amongst other things.
What do they contain and why are they good for you to try?
- These pills contain omega 3, 6, and 9, to reduce inflammation in the body. This makes them beneficial in the treatment of health conditions such as nerve and joint pain. You can also take them to relieve sore, strained muscles, such as if you’ve worked out a little too hard at the gym.
- These pills contain 700mg of hemp oil, and they are said to have other benefits, such as helping you sleep better while also reducing feelings of anxiety.
- These capsules are suitable for people who follow different kinds of diets, such as those who are gluten intolerant, who can’t consume milk or lactose, and those who want to avoid harmful colorants. This product is free of artificial flavors, preservatives, colorants, and soy.
- If you’re vegan, this product might not be suitable for you because it contains gelatin and it’s not specified if that is an animal-derived ingredient.
You get 60 capsules, and only have to pay $11.95 for them, which is quite a bargain.
With all its positive reviews, these CBD pills are a must if you want to supplement your diet with CBD or treat a condition such as anxiety.
Thanks to their really affordable price as compared to other CBD capsules on the market, they’re also a great choice if you want to give CBD a try for the first time.
Runner Up: Medterra Good Morning CBD Capsules
As is the case with many CBD products for consumption, often they contain ingredients besides for CBD that have other health benefits.
Medterra Good Morning CBD Capsules are an example. Let’s look at what benefits you get from them.
- These capsules are meant to be taken in the morning because they have ingredients that will help you to focus and boost your energy. They contain caffeine, L-theanine, L-tyrosine, and 25mg of CBD per serving, which is said to be two capsules.
- You don’t have to worry about how the hemp is sourced by the company because it’s been grown and extracted according to strict guidelines of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture. The hemp is free of GMOs.
- These CBD pills also contain B6 and B12. Both of these are essential for maintaining healthy functions in the body. For example, B6 helps to regulate your blood sugar while B12 protects you against health conditions such as anemia. B vitamins support the body’s nervous system and red blood cells.
- Although users of the product report that it does work to keep them energized, some have claimed that the effects only last for a few hours.
- Other users have reported that they had to take the pills for a few days before they started to notice positive differences. However, this is something that can happen with many CBD products, so it’s important to give the capsules a bit of time to work.
These CBD pills cost $55.69, and you get 60 capsules in a bottle.
Although they are quite expensive, they do have CBD and a variety of other healthy ingredients that can make them a good supplement. For example, the addition of Vitamin B in these pills is a nice touch that you don’t often find in CBD products.
Alternative 1: CBDMD Premium CBD Oil
This is another CBD oil product that has rave reviews. Let’s take a deeper look at it because it seems to be about a lot more than just CBD.
- Every one of these CBD oil capsules contains 50mg of CBD. The product has undergone third-party testing and it’s also been ISO-certified lab tested to ensure that it’s made with safety and effectiveness in mind.
- The CBD is said to be “broad-spectrum.” What this means is that the cannabidiol as well as other compounds in the plant have been extracted. The only thing that’s left behind is THC, which is what gets people high, so you get a lot more of the plant’s benefits than with other CBD products.
- These pills contain MCT oil, which is a dietary supplement consisting of fats that are found in dairy, coconut oil, and palm kernel oil. They’re often used by people who want to boost their energy during exercise.
- The company offers free shipping throughout the USA.
- The product is vegan and gluten free, and only consists of two ingredients: CBD oil and MCT oil. You don’t have to worry about any strange or harmful ingredients cropping up!
- If you’re allergic or sensitive to coconut oil, you should avoid this product because the company does make use of MCT oil in its base – and the same goes for all the capsules and tinctures.
A bottle containing 30 of the best CBD oil capsules with 450mg strength will cost you $35.99.
It’s quite budget-friendly while giving you everything you need from CBD, along with some perks.
Alternative 2: PureKana CBD Capsules
PureKana is quite a well-renowned name when it comes to CBD products.
These capsules come with standard benefits you’d find in other CBD capsules, but they do have some nice extras.
- These CBD capsules are certified organic and are completely free of herbicides, pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and solvents that can be used in the growing of the plant. They’re also free of GMOs.
- The total amount of CBD that’s found in a bottle of these capsules is 750mg. One capsule will deliver 25mg of CBD, making this product the best CBD capsules for pain.
- These pills are another product that contain MCT oil that’s been derived from coconut.
- These are soft gel capsules and the company issues a warning on their website the capsules can melt during shipping. They, therefore, recommend that if you live in a warmer climate you purchase their oil tinctures instead. This can be seen as a drawback for you if you prefer the ease and convenience of taking CBD capsules.
- Although the capsules are third-party tested, the lab reports are quite dated, as CBD Oil Police reports.
These pills cost $89, and you get 30 pills in a bottle. They’re quite costly but definitely worth it if you’re looking for CBD capsules that don’t contain any harmful ingredients.
Alternative 3: CBDFX Hemp Soft Gels
These hemp gels have many benefits and positive reviews from users. Let’s see why!
- This product contains full-spectrum CBD oil that’s been grown organically.
- It contains MCT oil to boost your body with nutrients. The company states that this can also help the body to increase CBD’s bioavailability, or absorption.
- The hemp from which the oil is derived are grown in the USA under strict organic farming guidelines.
- People who’ve purchased the capsules have reported that it helps them to relax and sleep better.
- The pills come in a child-proof bottle, so you don’t have to worry about curious hands getting into your CBD capsules.
- The company only sells hemp products. People who want to CBD and THC benefits in one product will have to source them from a different retailer, as Tuck reports.
These pills cost $59.99 for a bottle of 30 capsules.
If you’re looking for hemp products that are organic, then you’ve come to the right place. While you won’t get other nutrients in the capsules, this is a solid product that will help you to relax.
CBD Capsules FAQ
Now that we’ve looked at some of the best CBD capsules on the market to help you reap the benefits of CBD, let’s look at some common questions you might have about CBD and pills.
What are some of the health benefits of CBD pills?
CBD is short for cannabidiol and it’s a substance that’s extracted from hemp and cannabis plants.
The great thing about consuming CBD pills is that you don’t get the psychoactive effects of marijuana because CBD products don’t contain THC.
Here are some benefits of using CBD capsules:
You can use them to relax
Whether you want to reduce feelings or just get a good night’s sleep, CBD can help you to feel calmer.
Research (via Conscious Lifestyle magazine) has found that CBD can help to boost calmness. It does this by affecting 5-HT1A receptors in the body.
These are responsible for serotonin levels in the brain and body. Serotonin is a chemical that makes you feel good.
In addition to controlling its production, CBD also has an influence on endocannabinoid receptors in the body which regulate things like energy and stress in the body.
In addition, a study found that CBD can be very useful in treating and managing anxiety disorders.
In this human-trial study that was published in the peer-reviewed journal Neuropsychopharmacology, when people took CBD for social anxiety, they experienced a decrease in feelings of worry and it even helped them in stressful situations such as public speaking.
You can use them to relieve pain
As can be seen in the reviews of the best CBD capsules on the market, some users have reached for these products to relieve pain, such as sore, stiff muscles after a workout. However, CBD capsules can also help to eliminate pain from chronic conditions, such as arthritis.
Should you use CBD capsules or oils?
While both give you similar effects, there are differences. Here are some pros and cons of choosing CBD capsules over oils.
- They are really easy and convenient to take. You can also be more discreet about taking them in public as compared to taking oil from a bottle.
- It’s easier to control the dosage that you want to, or should be, taking when it comes to ingesting CBD capsules. This is because the dosage is measured out and you’ll know how much CBD you’re taking in each and every capsule, which makes it a lot easier and safer to use capsules.
- You don’t have to worry about their taste. Some CBD products, such as oil and gummies, will have a bitter, strong taste. With a capsule, you don’t get any flavors to have to worry about.
- Although CBD capsules are clearly better than oils in many different ways, you can’t always find them as easily as you can find oils. Luckily, you can buy them in many places online, such as Amazon, as we have seen in our buying guide of CBD capsules.
Can you use CBD capsules for pain relief?
Earlier we mentioned that CBD capsules can be used to treat pain, but how does this ingredient actually work and is there such a thing as gaining pain relief from CBD?
Since CBD works by activating compounds in the body’s natural endocannabinoid system, this is what enables it to decrease your experience of pain.
CBD actually prevents the body from absorbing a compound known as anandamide, which regulates pain, as Medical News Today reports.
This means that when there is more anandamide in the body, it actually decreases how much pain you feel, which can give you relief from various painful conditions, even chronic conditions that cause you to feel pain on a regular basis.
How do I know what amount to take?
Earlier we mentioned that CBD capsules can be easier to take than oils because of how the dosage is spelled out for you on the pill bottles, with information pertaining to how much CBD you’re getting in every capsule being easy to find.
That said, how much CBD should you be taking?
For starters, it’s always a good idea to check what the manufacturer of the CBD capsules you’re interested in purchasing says about dosage and how many times you can take the capsules throughout the day, depending on your needs.
Some CBD capsules are also meant to be taken at certain times of the day, such as Good Morning CBD Capsules that should be taken in the morning to give you a mental and energy boost.
To find out how much you should be taking, here’s a guide regarding your weight because you should consider your weight to ensure that you choose the right dosage for your body.
If you weigh less than 130lbs, you should opt for approximately 15mg for strong effects and less than 11mg for mild effects.
If you weigh between 130-230lbs, you should consume less than 18mg for mild effects and between 24 and 27mg for stronger effects.
If you weigh more than 230lbs, you should opt for less than 23 mg for mild effects and between 31 and 45mg for stronger effects, as Inquirer reports.
If you’re just starting out with CBD, then you should bear in mind that it takes up to two hours to start feeling the effects of capsules.
Start with a low dosage to see how it makes you feel. Avoid the temptation to take another dosage if you don’t feel anything.
This can result in you taking too much, which could have unwanted side effects such as fatigue, weight changes, and diarrhea.
Why should I try these CBD capsules?
There are many CBD capsules that you can find on the market, but they’re not all good products.
There are some important things to look for when choosing the right CBD products, mainly by checking the ingredients list so you know exactly what you’re getting.
For example, some capsules that we’ve mentioned in this buying guide contain omega acids that can help to reduce inflammation in the body.
Others contain MCT oil, which can be derived from coconut oil and which assists the body during workouts so that gain more endurance.
There are also some products, such as the Good Morning Capsules, that contain a blend of energy-boosting ingredients, such as l-theanine and caffeine so that you can feel more energized and focus better when starting your busy day.
It’s important to check the ingredients so that you can choose CBD capsules that contain other ingredients you could benefit from, especially since some products can contain toxins and colorants.
That’s why choosing a product such as Island Research Group Hemp Oil Capsule Pills is a good idea because it’s free of colorants, artificial flavors, and artificial preservatives.
Where CBD is sourced is also important!
For example, does the CBD that’s in the capsules come from plants that were organically farmed? Does the CBD come from plants that were farmed in ways that ensure no GMOs?
These are important, and many of the capsules we’ve listed in our reviews cater to ensuring that you get high-quality products. One of the products on our list that really shines in this regard is PureKana CBD Capsules.
The company ensures that their plants don’t get exposed to pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers, or solvents that can be toxic.
All the best CBD capsules on the market that we’ve featured in our CBD capsules review have great benefits that make them worth trying, and, as we’ve seen, they contain a lot more than just CBD to help you feel good.
If you want to add CBD to your diet, you might be interested in purchasing CBD capsules.
These have many benefits, such as not having a taste and being more convenient to use wherever you are.
In this buying guide, we’ve looked at five of the best CBD capsules on the market. We’ve also featured some important questions surrounding CBD and how to take it for the best results.