You’ve had a stressful day and want to relax. Why not soak in a hot tub?
But, if you want to make the experience even more blissful and relaxing, you should add a CBD bath bomb to your water.
Is CBD like a regular bath bomb?
CBD bath bombs are similar to bath bombs that contain ingredients to soothe and calm you, such as essential oils. The only difference is that their CBD oil content will give you some extra benefits.
The relaxation and pain relief you get from other CBD products can be gained from CBD bath bombs.
However, you want to choose the right kind of bath bomb that will turn your bathtub into a healing spa. Here’s the best CBD bath bomb: enjoy your off time!
Best CBD Bath Bomb – Reviews & Buying guide for 2020
Best Overall Winner: VEYO Nutrition Hemp Bath Bombs
These are pretty purple bath bombs that you’ll be immediately drawn to, and with good reason. They’re highly rated on Amazon, so without further delays let’s check out their benefits.
- The reason why these bath bombs by Veyo Nutrition are purple in color is because they contain soothing lavender essential oils. Lavender is known for its calming properties, so you’ll love soaking in a tub with these bath bombs at the end of a stressful day.
- You only use one in your bath to get all the benefits of the natural hemp oil extract.
- The hemp is grown in the USA and these bath bombs have been third-party tested, which will make you feel more comfortable when using them.
- The company uses high-quality coloring in their bath bombs, so you don’t have to worry about bathtub stains. They’re therefore great for regular use!
- If you’re not a fan of lavender, you can find the same product in other scents, such as citrus and lemongrass.
- To make the bath bombs last longer, users have reported cutting them in half and this was said to still infuse the bath with a calming energy.
- The bath bombs leave a bit of a lavender smell on your skin after bathing, which might not be liked by everyone. But that’s really the only possible downside to using these amazing bath bombs.
These bath bombs by Veyo Nutrition cost $14.99.
Although that does seem a bit pricey for just two bath bombs in a pack, you can cut them in half to make them go further and give you more bathtime bliss. With all their great benefits, these are the best cbd bath bombs on the market.
Runner Up: NewMiuz Organic Hemp Bath Bombs
These are intriguing because they’re organic, but they’re more than just a CBD bath bomb that will help you relax. So, let’s jump into their benefits.
- All the bath bomb ingredients are GMO-free, against animal cruelty, and sourced in sustainable ways.
- These bath bombs take luxurious bathing to another level with their moisturizing ingredients, such as lavender, chamomile, vanilla, and sweet orange. Not just scent-sational, but they have calming properties too while being good for your skin.
- The most fun part about using these bath bombs is their fizz as they are said to give you a long-lasting fizz that sometimes isn’t the case with other bath bombs.
- The packaging of this product is eco-friendly, which means that it’s good for nature while also reducing your plastic use.
- The bath bombs are really easy to remove from their packaging, thanks to their puller tags. Although this is a small point to consider, it does make unwrapping the bath bombs easy and fuss-free.
- The beautiful packaging of these bath bombs make them a fantastic gift idea for loved ones who like CBD bath products. Or, you can go ahead and spoil yourself!
- Some users have reported that the bath bombs don’t have a strong smell, but that might actually be something you appreciate if you’re sensitive to strong smells.
These New Miuz bath bombs cost $29.99 on Amazon, which is quite budget-friendly considering you get six in a pack!
They’re even more worth purchasing if you consider that they work to nourish your skin, which is something that other CBD bath bombs don’t accomplish.
Alternative 1: CbdMD Bath Bombs
CbdMD is quite popular when it comes to providing CBD products, such as capsules and they even have bath bombs. Let’s take a look at their bath bombs’ pros and cons so you can find out if they’re right for you.
- This product contains broad-spectrum CBD. What this means is that all the valuable cannabinoids and compounds from the plant have been extracted, except for the THC that can make you high. So, you get all the good stuff without worrying about any psychoactive effects from enjoying these in your tub.
- You get 100mg of CBD in every bath bomb, which is quite a high dosage. If you’ve been using CBD for a while and need higher dosages to give you positive effects, then this one is perfect for you.
- Just like when it comes to cbdMD’s other products, these bath bombs have been third-party tested and ISO-certified lab tested.
- These CBD oil bath bombs have no artificial dyes or preservatives. Instead, they make use of relaxing and healthy essential oils.
- Users have reported that the bath bombs were safe for use on their sensitive skin, causing no irritation. So, if you’re using this cbd bath bomb for pain relief, you can soak in the tub for a long time without worrying about the negative effects on your skin.
- Although there are six bath bomb scents to choose from, some of them have the same scent. That might seem like a bit of a letdown, especially because all the bath bomb colors are so bright and bold!
You will have to pay $9.99 per bath bomb, which actually makes these quite budget-friendly.
They come in interesting scents, such as frankincense, lavender, and eucalyptus, so you can enjoy the CBD and skin benefits in these products while also feeling like you’re in a world-class spa.
Alternative 2: PureKana Activated Charcoal CBD Bath Bomb
When you think of bath bombs, you might imagine pastel-colored balls that fizz and give your bath a lovely gentle color. Well, this slick bath bomb is black – yes, black!
Not only trendy and unique, it contains activated charcoal that is said to remove impurities from the body. It’s definitely a cbd bath bomb recipe that’s one of the most interesting on our list!
- This bath bomb gives you 50mg of CBD per bath bomb.
- The smell of these bath bombs has been reviewed as being fresh, which could be due to the fact that it contains cucumber in its ingredients.
- These CBD bath bombs don’t have any preservatives so they’re good for your skin and health.
- The black color of this bath bomb makes your water black, which can be a bit less appealing than bath bombs that come in other colors. On the other hand, you might find it fun – it really depends on your personal preferences.
- Dealing with the company’s customer service can sometimes be stressful because they are said to be slow to respond to queries.
- There’s no real information about what these black bath bombs smell like, which is a bit disappointing as you might want to know exactly what to expect before you purchase them. Although users have said they smell “fresh,” that doesn’t really give any specific details.
When you purchase this bath bomb by PureKana, you get one in the pack and it costs $12.99.
Although that is a little more expensive than some other CBD bath bombs we’ve featured, the benefit of charcoal makes it worthwhile, especially if you love the idea of releasing toxins during a pampering bath.
Alternative 3: PureKana Midnight Roses CBD Bath Bomb
PureKana makes the list of the best CBD bath bombs again with their Midnight Roses scent.
This bath bomb is blue with a pink splash of color on it, which makes it a nice alternative to people who don’t want to purchase the black charcoal bath bomb. This one also has some other nice benefits. Let’s explore them.
Just like with the charcoal product, you get 50mg of CBD when you use this bath bomb in your tub to relax.
- One of the most important features that you’ll look for in a bath bomb is scent. You want something that smells lovely and helps you to relax, and Midnight Roses definitely achieves that. It’s got Rose Petals and Rose Absolute Oil listed in its ingredients.
- There really are none! Customers seem pretty satisfied with this CBD bath bomb from PureKana, so it’s definitely worth trying if you’re looking for a rejuvenating, moisturizing treat during your next bathtime session.
This Midnight Roses bath bomb costs the same as the black charcoal bath bomb – $12.99 – and you also get one in the pack.
If you prefer a bath bomb that will rejuvenate your senses with floral scents, then this is the one for you.
CBD Bath Bombs FAQ
Ready to purchase your favorite CBC bath bomb from the above reviews? Wait a second – you might want to check out some common questions about CBD bath bombs and how they work. Let’s take a look at them.
What are CBD bath bombs?
If you love using CBD products, such as capsules or gummies, you might want to try CBD bath bombs too.
These products look like regular bath bombs that fizz in water, but they contain CBD to help you relax and unwind, while possibly also soothing sore, aching muscles.
What’s so great about CBD bath bombs is that they contain a lot more than just CBD oils. You can often find lots of rejuvenating and soothing ingredients in these bombs, such as essential oils and epsom salt.
For example, Hemp Bath Bombs by VEYO Nutrition that comes in at number one on our bath bomb reviews, contains lavender essential oils that not only give the bath bombs a lovely scent but also have calming properties.
It’s well known that lavender can calm you down when you’re stressed out, so the use of it in a CBD bath product is a nice bonus.
Another product worthy of mention is the PureKana Charcoal Bath Bomb that contains activated charcoal. This is an ingredient that’s been growing in popularity over the years because of its detoxifying effects and how it removes the body’s impurities.
The combination of charcoal and CBD can give you a lot of good effects that you’ll enjoy in a hot tub at the end of a hard day. It’s a great way to do double-duty beauty!
What do CBD bath bombs do?
Bath bomb cbd products are great because they give you all the benefits of CBD that you’d get from eating it or using oils, but in a more appealing and convenient form
So, if you find that CBD allows you to relax or soothes your stiff muscles, then you’ll still receive these benefits.
However, it’s been said that you could experience faster effects than if you consume CBD products because the CBD oil gets released into the water and then can penetrate your skin through the pores that open thanks to the heat of the bath.
In a way, it can be said that CBD bath bombs work in a similar way to topical creams or patches that you apply to your skin and penetrate the skin to enter the bloodstream.
Earlier, we mentioned how the use of essential oils in CBD bath bombs can help to increase its positive effects. Another popular ingredient that comes up in these bath bombs from time to time is Epsom salt.
The reason why it’s so beneficial is because it can draw toxins from your body. Used as a salt detox, Epsom can also alleviate sore muscles and give your mood a boost, so it just accentuates the feelings of wellbeing that you will gain from CBD oil.
One of the best things about CBD bath bombs as opposed to other CBD products is that you really do get lots of extra benefits. Some of the products have such healthy ingredients that they are spectacular for your skin, keeping it looking healthy and fresh.
An example is found in cbdMD Bath Bombs that users have reported are really gentle on sensitive skin so you can get softer, smoother skin while reaping the benefits of CBD in the bath bomb.
One of the biggest benefits of using CBD is that it relaxes you, and what better way to do that than to soak in a hot tub that makes you feel calmer after a stressful day?
While CBD gummies and oils can be fun sometimes, bath bombs give you a much more intriguing way to get your dosage of CBD.
How much CBD is in a bath bomb?
As we’ve seen in these CBD bath bomb reviews, you can find different amounts of CBD oil in them.
For example, in cbdMD Bath Bombs you’ll get 100mg of CBD. On the other hand, the PureKana bath bombs (Midnight Roses and Activated Charcoal) contain 50mg.
Therefore, it’s good to always check the amount of CBD that you’ll get in a bath bomb that looks interesting to purchase.
As with other CBD products, it’s probably a good idea to start with a lower dosage so that you can find the right amount that works for you.
Start with trying one bath bomb and see how it makes you feel. If it doesn’t do anything, then you can try a different product that contains a higher dosage.
If you want the bath bomb to give you more intense effects, such as pain relief instead of just calming effects than you’ll need one that has a higher dosage.
If you’ve purchased a bath bomb and it’s too strong for you, you can always cut it in half to reduce your dosage. This is a great way to enjoy your favorite CBD bath bomb instead of feeling forced to purchase a different product.
One of the questions you might be thinking right now is, “How can the CBD get released into the water if CBD isn’t water soluble?”
That’s an excellent question! CBD requires the use of fatty acids in order to be better absorbed by the body.
That’s why it’s recommended to use fats, such as butter, when cooking with CBD. When it comes to bath bombs such as those that we’ve reviewed, you’ll see that the ingredients listed for the products often make use of fats such as coconut oil as well as butters like shea butter.
While these are obviously great for your skin because of their moisturizing properties, they also ensure that the CBD won’t become ineffective in the water.
How long does it take for a CBD bath bomb to work?
It’s been said that you should stay in a CBD bath for about 15 minutes in order for the effects to take hold.
So, if you’re going to use a CBD bath bomb you should ensure you have enough time at your disposal to make the most of it.
That said, you shouldn’t soak in the tub for that long. It’s recommended that you hop out of the bath after half an hour.
Although this isn’t advised as a result of any of the CBD’s harmful effects, it is a good idea because sitting in hot water for too long can dry out your skin and also make you feel dizzy, as Premium Jane reports.
What could be more relaxing than soaking in a hot tub with a bath bomb?
Even better to help you relax is if you choose a bath bomb that contains CBD in it.
There are many bath bomb products to choose from, but in these reviews we’ve featured five of the best CBD bath bombs: enjoy your off time with these products that release the soothing effects of CBD and fragrant oils into your bath, for the ultimate relaxation.
Now that you know what product you should purchase, you’ll also have gained information about what CBD bath bombs are all about.
In this article, we’ve looked at some important questions surrounding CBD bath bombs, such as how long their effects take to work and how to ensure you get the most out of using them.
But enough talking – go enjoy a blissful CBD bath!